Sunday, June 26, 2011

Rare 1995 Drexciya interview

I just got sent these scans from an issue of Surreal Sound, a Dutch fanzine which I'm told was run by Joost De Leyser in the early 90's. I think it might be from 1995 as Elecktroids are mentioned. Many thanks for sending it, nice unexpected surprise to find in my inbox this morning! In case the page won't enlarge for you I have the typed out the Q & A at base of post as well. Interesting to see the speculation of the names involved and that it's correct! It's always brilliant when something rare and unknown to many turns up and can be archived and shared here. Anything else any of you have like it please send it to me.
Q: Where are you from/who are you?

A: The hydrosphere/Aquamen



Q: What are your musical influences?

A: Cosmos


Q: Are you religious?

A: E=MC2


Q: How would you define your music?

A: Aquatechnical


Q: When did you release your first record?

A: Arose from the I age and found mus(ic)

(Hard to read so not 100% sure on this one)


Q: Why was your music released on so many different labels?

A: Labels not important, it's the music.


Q: When will you release your next project?

A: When the time is correct to release.

2 Comments:

Blogger bryan reynolds said...

A: Arose from the I age and found mus(ic)

Could that be "ice age?"

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe Iron age or I for Information age? Hard to know.

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home